Monday, December 11, 2006

PoCC and Mentoring

Well, as always, I feel that I got a boost from PoCC then I return to reality. I'd like for NAIS to think of moving this conference to October, because let's face it, we get encouraged and ready to go, then we return for about 2-3 weeks and then we're off for vacation. All the energy and momentum ssems to fade quickly.

For those of you who are interested in moving from current schools, it's time to get your resumes in order, that way you can submit them quickly to search agencies and individual schools. Also, it's time to get some letters of rec going. Think about what parts of the country you are willing to move to to get experience. One thing is certain in this part of the country, it's tough to get teachers from the east coast to stay for very long--there are many factors--but remember, you need to establish an identity and reputation before you jump to another place, unless teh conditions are so poor that you know you aren't a right fit or that you won't get the exposure you need. Good Luck!

Take a look at our school, St. Mark's School of Texas (www.smtexas.org). We have several openings ready for next year, including some Master Teaching Chairs.

No comments: